Big Congratulations go out to Hannah Merrill on the purchase of Celio Cruise.
All of us here ar Windfall wish you the best of luck going forward with this wonderful horse.
Windfall Farm enjoyed another wonderful show at the beautiful Sonoma Horse Park for the Strides & Tides event, September 9-13.
- Ian McFarlane, aboard Celio Cruise (video above), was the only junior entry in a solid field of 29 in the $15,000 Welcome Prix. Ian finished in 8th place, with just a rail in the jump off. His two rounds are in the video, above.
- Marguerite Moreau and Lorenda delivered very consistent rounds in the .70-meter and .80-meter jumper classes.
- Meilan Neece and Landson also completed very solid rounds in both the jumper and equitation rings, finishing 3rd in the Outreach Silver Medal and going double clear in the pre-children's jumper division.
It was a great show to warm up the horses and riders for the final fall shows on the horizon. Next up: the Sacramento International Horse Show! See you at the show or at the barn.
Windfall Farm had a wonderful time at the Menlo Charity Horse Show, and would like to congratulate:
- Carrington Felix and Palim Palim for winning 2nd in the $10,000 Rhys Vineyard Mod Jr/Am Jumper Classic, placing 2nd in the 1.30m Low Jr/AO jumpers and moving up into the 1.40m High Jr/AO jumpers with a 2nd place their first time out.
- Ian McFarlane and Celio Cruise for their 2nd place win in the $10,000 1.40m Charlebois Farm Jr/AO Jumper Classic.
- Linda Lauper-Polk and her young Darc Melodi for stepping into the .90m and .95m rings with good ribbons in large classes.
- Mike Polk and Jose Jalapeno for winning 2nd place in a 0.95m class with 27 entries.
- Josef Polk and First Knight for consistent rounds in the Low Child/AA jumper division.
Special thank you to the show organizers for always making Menlo a highlight of the summer show schedule. We've already started the countdown to next year's event!
Windfall Farm enjoyed a wonderful week at Sonoma Horse Park for the HMI Equestrain Classic I, and wishes to congratulate:
- Carrington Felix and Palim Palim on winning reserve champion in the junior/amateur 1.30m jumper division, and on a super fast jump off round in the 1.30 $5000 JrAm Classic that won 2nd in a packed, very competitive field.
- Sam Howell and Tessa on winning champion in the children's jumper division, and for a super round that won 3rd in the classic.
- Marguerite Moreau and Lorenda were reserve champions in the .70m division.
- Ian McFarlane stepped into the equitation ring and won the EMO Horsemanship Cup aboard Atlas Peak (Ransome Rombauer, owner) and won the Platinum Performance/USEF Talent Search aboard Plis (Meredith Herman, trainer), qualifying for the final. He was also the only junior entry into the $15,000 Professional's Choice Welcome Prix.
- Sarah Puchalski on a beautiful, four-fault round in the $15,000 Professional's Choice Welcome Prix as the only amateur entry.
- Destiny Hale and Camp VIII for moving up from .85m to 1.10m, and for a solid finish in the $5,000 ProEquest Children's Jumper Classic.
- Lena Van Duzer and Black Jack for making their debut into the jumper ring with solid rounds.
- Lyndsey Marsh for SK Rudi's successful return into the 1.20m ring.
It was great riding from all of our riders, and we're looking forward to the Menlo Charity Horse Show 2015!
Check out our 2015 Show Schedule! Lots fun on the horizon!
We are proud to announce we will be hosting a clinic with Jeffrey Wells this year.
The Dates are Nov 22nd and 23rd. Please contact Gry for further information and availabliity.
Menlo 2014 was a fantastic show for Windfall. Sarah and Lucia were Champion in the High Jr Am Jumpers and Ian and Cruise were R. Champion in the same division.
Ian then went on to win the $10,000 JrAm Classic with Sarah 2nd!
What a week.
Our first show together with Carol's group and the Windfall group was a great success.
Carol and Kona had clear rounds in both Grand Prix. Our Champions ranged from the 1.40m ring to the Long Stirrup ring.
Ian and Barrollo and Ian and Cruise were champion in both the 1.20m and 1.30m JrAm.
Behka was R. Champion in the Long Stirrup and Lena and Cavi won a class at their 1st horse show.
Carrington debuted on her new horse Palim Palim as did Lydsey and Portos. Watch out these partnerships as they promise to be very competitive.
Judith Chapman's lovely 7 yr old was terrific as was Lisa Voller's new horse Vinny.
Welcome Sabrina Voller and her great horse Special Z who were solid in their jumper rounds.
Windfall Riders and Horses Rocked it!!!